This attractive, two storey, stone house was built in the 1840's as the fever hospital for Dunfanaghy Workhouse. It closed in 1922. Then from the 1930's to the 1960's it was used as the national school for the Roman Catholic children of the area. It’s opening in 1968, as 'The Gallery' was the inspiration of Frank Egginton, the well known landscape artist. Since then, his daughter and son in law have run it. There is also a craft shop full of the very best of Irish handcrafts.
Please telephone to confirm opening times and admission is free.