Built in the 1700s, it was revamped by Major Hugh Henry in 1878 into the Victorian House that stands proudly today. Extensively renovated from complete disrepair by owners Eilin and David, who have spent years gutting and restoring its original beauty and hand picking antiques and quirky decor, the house is now open for whole house holiday rentals.
The house consists of a sitting room, breakfast room and dining room downstairs reached from a large hallway, alongside a commercial kitchen and butler's pantry. The first floor consists of seven bedrooms – five doubles and two twin rooms with plenty of room for two travel cots which are provided. There are six bathrooms with showers. Heated by oil fired radiators, there are also two stoves in the main entertaining space.