As early as 1814, Prison House Self-Catering was already referred to as the ‘old house’ by the surveyor John Longfield, employed by the local landlord, Frederick Trench. Prison House probably stands on the site of an older house, parts of which were incorporated into the structure of the house now standing. The size of Prison House Self-Catering and the apple orchard and many other trees planted around it, indicates that a great deal of initial work was carried out when the house was first built.
Prison House Self-Catering has been developed into self-catering accommodation hosting national and international visitors. The accommodation comprises of three large double bedrooms, main bathroom, sitting room, kitchen, dining area, games room and a large one-bedroom self-contained apartment (can be rented separately or all inclusive). The property includes bed linen, cots (as part of a child-friendly environment), dog accommodation, off road parking, garden and patio and barbeque area and games room.