The Creamery Restaurant or as the locals call it “upstairs at the Creamery”, nestles under the eaves of the old building. The original uncoated walls & beams create a warm cosy atmosphere together with the fabulous old chandeliers. The restaurant serves a full a la carte menu with the finest of Irish steaks and seafood cooked on an open chargrill within the restaurant.
A full bar food menu is available all day and there is live music at the weekends. The old creamery’s original steam generator and pipes provide an original centerpiece for the bar, which serves one of the finest pints of Guinness in Ireland.
Friendly and efficient staff are there to greet guests as they settle down beside the open turf fire or on one of the original milk churns that serve as bar stools. These churns were denoted by local farmers.
The building itself has an interesting history going back to the early 19th century. In 1823 Charles Bianconi opened a stagecoach service linking Limerick, Ennis and Bunratty. There is evidence indicating that the building was used as a scheduled stop for the Bianconi coaches with the ground floor being used for the stabling of the horses.
In 1927 the building became the local creamery and continued in this business until 1999 when it was converted to its present role by the Fitzpatrick Brothers, hence the name. In 2002 it was purchased by Noel Ryan & David Lang.