Quicktours Presents a day tour to Kildare & Wicklow - Along the Path of Saints and Scholars
Quick Tours is a Luxury Coach Tour provider to popular tourist attractions around Ireland. Discover the scenic beauty of the Kildare-Wicklow Grand Tour. The tour packages offer great value at unbeatable prices and include all entrance fees, luxury coach travel & free wifi.
See some of the key attractions on the historic Kildare-Wicklow "Grand Tour". Experience Ireland's heritage and history with a tour of the mystical and beautiful Glendalough, historic Kildare one of Irelands oldest towns, and Newbridge Silverware Visitor Centre & Icon Museum.
• 09:30 Depart Dublin City
• See "Daily Departures" below for a full list of stops and pickup times
• 10:45 Arrive in Kildare town. Guided walk around the Kildare town by a local historian
• 12:15 Depart Kildare for Newbridge Silverware Visitor Centre & Museum of Style Icons
• 14:00 Depart Newbridge Silverware
• Kilcullen Round Tower, Kildare - Dunlavin
• Wicklow Gap Scenic Drive, stopping at a Viewing Area
• 15:30 Arrive at Glendalough. 1 hour 30 min stay with entrance to the Visitor Centre included
• 17:00 Depart Glendalough
The Walking Tour of Kildare
Discover this fascinating heritage on a guided walk around the town, by a local historian.
Key stops along the route include St. Brigid’s Cathedral, a Norman tower house, the site of the Turf Club, and the 13th century Franciscan Abbey, to mention a few. Learn about the mythology of Fionn Mac Cumhaill and St. Brigid, patroness of the Gaels, Mary of the Gael, Strongbow, The Earls of Kildare, Lord Edward FitzGerald and the 1798 Rebellion and The Gordon Bennett Motor Race etc.
The Newbridge Silverware Visitor Centre houses the complete range of Newbridge Silverware products and as well as the famous Museum of Style Icons. The Visitor Centre is rated as one of the top tourist attractions in Ireland.
Glendalough and Wicklow
See the natural beauty, lush green countryside & spectacular scenery of "the Garden of Ireland"
Glendalough is one of the most popular tourist destinations in all of Ireland. The Glendalough Visitor Centre has an exhibition and audio-visual demonstration. The centre is situated adjacent to the monastic settlement and entrance to the centre is included as part of your tour.