Collegiate Church was founded in the 13th century and was dedicated to Saints Peter and Paul. The church has three aisles, a chancel and a north transept, and includes a fine 13th-century door in the south wall.
The foundation of this Dominican Priory is ascribed to Gilbert, second son of John of Callan, Lord of Offaly, in 1291.besides the five-light west window - which is one of the most exquisite in the country - the church contains some fine decorative stone-carving of 13th and 14th-century date.
King’s Castle and Blossom Gate is named after King John, but the present castle is probably 15th-century in date. It is a four-storey building with mullioned and pointed windows. Not far away, in Emmet Street, is Blossom Gate, the sole surviving gate of the medieval town wall.