John Hanly and Co. Ltd. was established in 1893 as weavers of pure wool fabric for the fashion industry. Scarves and throws are woven in wool, as well as in cashmere, merino, lambswool, and mohair.
Hanly products are exported globally to designers, brands, and quality retailers. The factory shop stocks the full range of scarves and throws, with a large selection of Hanly fabric, tweed jackets, and caps also for sale. Available in-store is also a large selection of Irish knitwear, table linen, and other crafted Irish gifts.
Located in Ballyartella, County Tipperary, the factory has moved from the ancient art of weaving – synonymous with the region – to the use of more modern techniques.