Castle Townshend has been the seat of the Townshend family in Ireland for many generations. The centre part of the building was built around 1650 and the towers added in 1800's. The original Castle ruin can be found in the spacious grounds and St Barrahanes church, with Harry Clarke stained glass windows, is always open to be explored.
Stay in one of the ten guest bedrooms, full of character, but with modern facilities. Relax here and enjoy the peace and tranquillity, getting away from it all. Note there is limited phone coverage in the area, but there is free WiFi throughout The Castle.
The village of Castletownshend is centred around the steep main road that leads down to the Castle, the quayside and the harbour. There are two pubs in the village, Lil's and Mary Ann's which serves food all day, so enjoy your evening meal here.
The cafe at The Castle is open throughout the year Saturdays, Sundays and Bank Holidays 11:00 to 17:00, and open every day in July and August serving the best coffee, delicious homemade cakes and seasonal light lunches. Where better to watch the world go by than the peaceful Castletownshend harbour.
A warm welcome awaits guests at Castle Townshend.