The Bishop’s Palace (aka Edmondstown House) was built in 1864 by Captain Arthur Robert Costello. The house was designed by John McCurdy, who also remodelled the Shelbourne Hotel in Dublin. It is built in the High Victorian Gothic style.
For 100 years the house was the residence of the Bishop of Achonry. A historically interesting building with beautiful grounds.
Edmondstown House has four en suite guest bedrooms. Evening meal are available from the kitchen.
There are many walks in the area and guest can go fishing on Lough Gara, Lough Arrow and Lough Key. Kayaking and golf are available locally.