Designed by Paine Brothers in the 1830’s. It has a most imposing entrance from Washington Street. This building is considered to be one of the best examples of Neo-Classical public architecture in Ireland.
The present courthouse is a Neo- Classical courthouse with Corinthian detail. It was rebuilt due to a fire in 1895 by William Hill architect and Samuel Hill building contractor. The building has remained largely unaltered since that time until April 2003 when the current refurbishment began. The highlight of this building is the skyline dome.