Mallow Castle is situated on acres of land overlooking the River Blackwater. It is a sixteenth century fortified house and is one of three buildings on this site. It may have been built by Sir Thomas Norrey who was the Lord President of Munster, before his death in 1599, when it was then passed to his niece Elizabeth.
Wings project from the centre of the north and south walls, the northern one containing the entrance with a finely moulded doorway. The prominent windows are square- headed and there are musket loops in the walls.