- Fort Dunree houses a fascinating display of military memorabilia, large guns and artefacts from the 20th century.
- Fort Dunree is rich in wildlife and this is detailed in the Wildlife Discovery Room in the Saldanha Suite.
- Enjoy a picnic along one of the scenic walking trails around Dunree Point.
- Visit the Rockhill Collection showcasing a collection of military memorabilia, military equipment and uniforms.
- Stop at one of the most scenic coffee shops in Ireland, The Coffee Cup.
Bring your camera along the walk up the hill behind Fort Dunree for the most spectacular views of Lough Swilly.
Try kayaking, snorkelling and coasteering in the waters below Fort Dunree.
In the distant skyline, look out for the ancient monument of 'An Grianán of Aileach', one of Ireland’s most important pre-historic forts.