Visit 20 acres of glorious farmland in County Kerry with a variety of bee loving hedgerows including blackthorn, gorse, oak, rowan, sycamore and whitethorn. Put on a bee suit and become a beekeeper. Watch the bees pollinate in the wildflower meadow. The bee meadow is 2.5 acres of flowers for pollinators along with wildflowers to attract bumblebees, butterflies and insects. There is a pathway around the bee meadow dotted with posters displaying information, to help you identify the wide variety of birds, butterflies and bumblebees along the route.
Learn about the bees in the hive from the beekeeper and the importance of pollinators. Visit the bee house in the meadow and watch the busy bees at work in the observation hives. Foster your passion and love for nature, flora, butterflies and bees. Stop at the honey house where you can taste the fresh, raw honey.
Take a moment to relax in the visitor centre nestled in the pretty bee meadow and watch the butterflies and bees all around you.
- Stroll through the bee flower meadow and be surrounded by beautiful bumblebees, butterflies and honeybees.
- Put on a bee suit and experience what it is like to be a beekeeper.
- See up close the secret lives of bees and learn how they produce honey.
- Visit the bee house and watch the busy bees at work in observation hives.
- Taste fresh, raw honey in the honey house.