Harristown House was built in the second half of the 18th century under the supervision of the architect Whitmore Davis. It was rebuilt after a fire in the 1890s by James Franklin Fuller. The La Touche family lived in the house until 1920.
In 1946 Major M W Beaumont bought the house and during his time, the Cottage Walk was created and the Walled Gardens restored.
Important features in the house are the library, the furniture of French and Italian origin and family portraits. It also features chimney pieces, inlaid floors, mahogany doors and Chinese wall paper.
A half hour guided tour is available. Group visits should be arranged in advance.