The Moone Cross, in County Kildare, is a 8th century cross and is one of the tallest and best preserved and High Crosses in Ireland. Standing 5.4 metres tall, the cross has been erected inside the ruins of the medieval church and recently a glass roof has been created to protect it from the several elements of the wind, humidity, and rain.
The High Cross is made of granite is constructed in three sections. In 1835, while some work was being carried out in the graveyard of the ruined church, two sections of a high cross were discovered, they had been well-preserved and so the Duke of Leinster arranged for the re-erection of the cross. Some sixty years later the third section was found and finally the cross was reconstructed to its original size.