Stradbally Hall, as it appears today, dates from the middle of the 19th century. It is an enlargement in classical style of a Georgian House, which had been built in 1772 to replace a yet older residence. The foundations of this earlier house can still be traced a few hundred yards to the east of the present mansion.
They lie among the trees that border the avenue leading from the southern entrance to the demesne. The north front, with its massive pillared entrance, faces a broad stretch of parkland. The south front, of which the most remarkable feature is a lofty pillared pavilion, overlooks the terraces and gardens. Stradbally Hall has been the seat of the Cosby family since the reign of Edward VI.
The Irish Steam Preservation Society holds its steam rally here during the August bank holiday weekend. The railway runs on bank holidays and on request, except in winter. The Stradbally Hall narrow gauge railway is the longest established steam powered narrow gauge railway in Ireland.
Stradbally Hall has hosted the award winning Electric Picnic arts and music festival each year in late August/early September since it began in 2004. Stradbally Hall hosts a wonderful Christmas market, not to be missed.