Limerick Museum based in the Franciscan Friary, Henry Street. The Limerick Museum first opened its doors in 1916 at the Carnegie Building in Pery Square and relocated four times before finding its permanent home in Henry Street. The Limerick Museum holds in storage the largest local authority collection in the country.
The display in Henry Street shows only a fraction of this collection to highlight the history of Limerick City and County for thousands of years.
The museum is fully accessible to all and admission is free.