Discover a diverse collection of antiquities and fine and decorative art at the Hunt Museum in Limerick City, which reflects the interests of the founders, John and Gertrude Hunt. There are artefacts from Greece, Rome, Egypt and the Olmec civilisation.
See an important collection of Irish archaeological material ranging from Neolithic flints and Bronze Age material. One of the strengths of the collection is the medieval artefacts, including statues in stone and wood, painted panels, jewellery, enamels, ivories, ceramics, crystal and crucifixes.
18th and 19th century decorative arts are represented with fine examples of silver, glass and ceramics. Artists' works in the collection include Pablo Picasso, Pierre Auguste Renoir, Roderic O’Conor, Jack B Yeats, Robert Fagan and Henry Moore.
- See the wonderful collection with artefacts from around the world.
- Fascinating Irish archaeological collection.
- View art from Picasso, Renoir, Jack B Yeats and more.
- Experience interesting new exhibitions.
- Browse the excellent gift shop or enjoy a bite at the restaurant.