Visitors to Adare, County Limerick, can visit the present Holy Trinity Abbey Church in the centre of the village. Apart from their religious purposes, the Trinitarian Order worked to liberate Christian captives during the crusades. The abbey was commonly referred to as the White Monastery due to the white habit worn by the monks.
After its suppression during the Reformation, the abbey fell into ruin and today, the remains comprise tower, nave and part of the church’s choir. In 1811, the Earl of Dunraven converted the remains into the present day Catholic parish church.