Knock Shrine, in County Mayo, is an international place of prayer and pilgrimage dating back to August 1879, when fifteen people from the village witnessed an apparition. Today, the Shrine is situated on 100 acres of beautiful grounds and gardens dotted with sculptures that describe Christian heritage. Take some time out for quiet prayer, to light a candle, or attend one of the daily masses or ceremonies in one of five churches, including the iconic Knock Basilica and the Apparition Chapel. Take the opportunity for tranquillity, meditation and to listen to the word of God in The Prayer Centre.
Children can join in a variety of activities at the HUB, a bright and welcoming environment for young people to meet new friends and explore their faith.
During your visit, uncover the rich and fascinating history of the Shrine with a visit to the award-winning Knock Museum. Rest awhile at Café Le Cheile, and browse The Bookshop to find a range of books and gifts.
Explore with a self-guided audio tour of the Shrine grounds, and leave the Shrine feeling renewed and enriched.
- Learn the history of the Apparition of Our Lady, St Joseph, St John the Evangelist and a lamb on an altar in front of a cross.
- Explore at your own pace with a self-guided audio tour.
- Stroll through beautiful manicured gardens, and pause in one of 5 peaceful churches.
- Dine on pies, scones, or cakes and a daily selection of meals in Café Le Cheile.
- Find books and gifts on a variety of spiritual and well-being topics.