Concra Wood Golf and Country Club is an 18-hole championship course set on 240 acres of dramatic wooded landscape that tilts down to breathtaking Lough Muckno. Panoramic views stretch across the Monaghan drumlins with the Cooley and Mourne Mountains to the east, and the Slieve Gullion and Mullyash Mountains to the north. Surrounded by the lake and its scattering of islands, this setting is the perfect spot for a game of golf.
The shape and flow of the golf course is perfectly complemented by the natural drumlins that roll across the countryside. This easy rhythm adds to the beauty of the course and its challenges, suitable for novices and high handicappers alike. Woods and trees stretch their way elegantly around the course and between holes to give Concra Wood Golf Course a truly natural touch. The View Restaurant, located at the highest point on the course, offers local food with panoramic views of the Monaghan scenery and beyond.
- Choose to play 9 or 18 holes
- Take expert PGA professional golf lessons
- They are one hour from Dublin, one hour from Belfast and minutes from Castleblayney
- The course was designed by golf legends Christy O’Connor junior and Christy O’Connor senior
- Discover the ruins of Hope Castle and Temple and hear the story of Lord Blayney
- There are designated fishing areas alongside the course where many of Ireland’s international team like to fish
Country and Western fans especially, will love the sculpture of Big Tom at the Market House in Castleblaney town.