Slieveardagh Heritage Centre located in a former church, built 1838-40 on site of a medieval church, with three-bay nave elevations and pitched entrance porch to west with recent lean-to extension. Closed 1991, now in use as Heritage Centre. The Centre tells the interesting stories of the area which has had a varied and chequered history ranging from coal mining to the Young Irelanders of the mid. 19th century.
The centre now houses the local library, it also has a Derrynaflan Exhibition and internet access for the public.