Ballymore is an old family property located away from main routes in a particularly attractive area of North Wexford landscape.
The visitor facility, which is in the centre of a large working farm, includes a family museum, picture gallery, farm display, 1798 exhibition and tea room. Visitors may also walk about among other features including an old church and graveyard, a moated site of a 14th Century Norman Castle, a holy well, mill pond and period family residence.
The award winning Museum is located in the period farm yard and contains a wide range of objects from the family home illustrating many different aspects of earlier occupation and activity.
The old dairy contains a display of old dairy equipment and domestic items. An adjoining display of early farm equipment leads to the 1798 exhibition of material from that period. There were family members on both sides of the conflict and the house was occupied by rebels who had a camp for some weeks in the meadow surrounding the Castle site.
There is a tea room in the reconstructed period greenhouse in the grounds.