Dower House gardens were laid out towards the end of the 19th Century with plantings of many fine specimens including Rhododendron arboretum, Magnolia soulangeana 'Alba' and Camellia japonica.
Also included are a number of specimen mature trees, including a fine Chilean myrtle, Luma apiculata, planted c.1880. recently a white garden has been created together with a wild meadow which reaches its peak in mid June. Described as one of 'Wicklow's finest gardens' (Jane Powers, Gardening correspondent, the Sunday Times) the gardens are open each year in aid of The Wicklow Hospice.
There is parking and parts of the garden are accessible to wheelchairs. No dogs, picnics or prams are allowed and children must be supervised.