Enjoy two unique visitor experiences at Bunratty Castle & Folk Park in Bunratty, County Clare. Visit the 15th century Bunratty Castle and stroll through the Bunratty Folk Park. The characters and musicians bring the village to life as they mimic what life would have been like in the early 1900s. The village collection of typical 19th century urban Irish buildings include the school, doctor’s house, pawnbrokers, pub, drapery, printworks, grocery, hardware shop, pottery and a post office.
See a variety of animals in the paddocks of Bunratty Folk Park and Pa's Pet Farm including numerous breeds of Irish Wolfhounds, Irish red deer, pigmy goats, Connemara ponies and more.
Full of imagination, magic and fun, the interactive Fairy Trail is the perfect way to spend an afternoon. Magical in every sense of the word, wander through enchanted woods, walled garden and woodland trails. Pay a visit to the fairy university, read from the fairies' magical book of spells, or try on a set of fairy wings for size.
Explore the Viking playground complete with a wooden pirate ship, slides, swings and zip line. Stroll through the stunning regency walled garden where various breeds of heritage plants thrive and grow providing a tranquil space to unwind and take in stunning views of the surrounding Clare countryside.
- Explore a 15th century medieval tower house built in 1425 and restored in 1954.
- Stroll along the charming village street enjoying the sights, sounds, tastes and scents of 19th century Ireland.
- The paddocks of Bunratty Folk Park and Pa's Pet Farm are home to a variety of animals.
- Stop at the Viking playground or walk along the Fairy Trail.
- Visit the Regency Walled Garden, a surviving part of the demesne which was originally formed around Bunratty Castle.
Enjoy a picnic within the idyllic grounds of Bunratty Castle & Folk Park. Bring your own picnic or pick up a delicious Mr. O'Regan's Picnic Box.
Browse the Bunratty Gift and Craft Store. They stock a wide range of glassware, Aran knitwears, perfumes, pewter, jewellery and button art.