Have fun, excitement and adventure on Lough Derg with access to the magnificent natural amenity of the River Shannon. The Derg Isle Adventure Centre has both a river and an island on site.
Enjoy a range of paddle and water sports including kayaking, canoeing, stand-up paddle boarding, boat rental, water zorbing and fishing. Explore many land-based activities along the obstacle course, climbing wall, archery or zip lines. The Derg Isle Adventure Centre also has survival training and team-building activities.
Visitors will be provided with full water safety equipment including helmets, buoyancy aids and harnesses where needed. A full safety demonstration is undertaken prior to the commencement of each activity.
- See impressive blueways and lakeside landscapes along the River Shannon.
- Try a new water zorbing experience.
- Enjoy spectacular scenery, tranquil lakeland vistas and outdoor activities along the shores of Lough Derg.
- Make a splash with canoeing, kayaking or stand-up paddle boarding.
- Soar through the sky on a zipline.
When visiting Lough Derg, look out for the white-tailed sea eagles that nest nearby. These are one of the largest birds of prey and one of the most impressive birds in the world.
Take a boat trip and visit the monastic site at Holy Island. See a well preserved round tower and holy well. Bring a picnic and enjoy a walk around this spectacular island.