Have fun, excitement and adventure on Lough Derg with access to the magnificent natural amenity of the River Shannon. The Derg Isle Adventure Centre has both a river and an island on site.
Enjoy a range of paddle and water sports including kayaking, canoeing, stand-up paddle boarding, boat rental, water zorbing and fishing. Explore many land based activities along the obstacle course, climbing wall, archery or zip lines. The Derg Isle Adventure Centre also has survival training and team building activities.
Visitors will be provided with full water safety equipment including helmets, buoyancy aids and harnesses where needed. A full safety demonstration is undertaken prior to the commencement of each activity.
- See impressive blueways and lakeside landscapes along the River Shannon.
- Try a new water zorbing experience.
- Enjoy spectacular scenery, tranquil lakeland vistas and outdoor activities along the shores of Lough Derg.
- Make a splash with canoeing, kayaking or stand-up paddle boarding.
- Soar through the sky on a zipline.
When visiting Lough Derg, look out for the white-tailed sea eagles that nest nearby. These are one of the largest birds of prey and one of the most impressive birds in the world.
Take a boat trip and visit the monastic site at Holy Island. See a well preserved round tower and holy well. Bring a picnic and enjoy a walk around this spectacular island.