Gleninagh Castle is an L-shaped tower rom the 16th century. The O’Loughlins occupied the castle up till 1840 and it can be found in Ballyvaughan, County Clare.
Looking down from a hillside, this well-preserved sixteenth-century tower house stands guard over the northern shoreline of the Burren. It has a distinctive L-shaped plan, with an oblong tower of four storeys. The entrance doorway, lies at first-floor level.
The third storey is vaulted and there is another over a dark basement, which may have been used as a prison. In the end wall a number of windows which were later blocked for fireplaces.