Learn all about the art of chocolate making using authentic cacao products at Hazel Mountain Chocolate in County Clare. See the various stages involved in the process including cracking, roasting, winnowing and tempering.
Hear all about how local flavours like juniper berries, sea salt, honey, elderberries and flower petals are used in the production.
Take a tour and watch the Burren chocolatier create heavenly chocolate designs. See chocolates and truffles made in a traditional way.
Visit the organic café and enjoy a hot chocolate or signature fika cake. Browse the chocolate store with a selection of milk, dark and vegan chocolates on display.
- Won a bronze chocolatier award from the Academy of Chocolate in 2019.
- Voted one of the Irish Times Top 10 Café’s to visit in 2018.
- All the chocolates are made using only natural ingredients.
- Taste artisan chocolate made using seaweed, lemon and rhubarb.
- Enjoy spectacular views of the Burren Mountains.
Take a walk along the Ballyvaughan Wood Loop and enjoy magical views of the Burren's limestone layers.
Visit an early example of a 19th century tower, Finavarra Martello Tower.
Visit St. Colman's Holy Well on the slopes above the Oughtmama valley.