Cape Clear Ferries & Fastnet Tours depart Baltimore Pier all year long, and from Schull Pier in June, July and August to the enchanting Gaeltacht island of Cape Clear. Tours to the Fastnet Rock Lighthouse only operate during the summer months.
There is a minimum of three return sailings daily April to September from Baltimore to Cape Clear Island and two sailings daily October to March. There is a reciprocal ticketing arrangement with the Schull Ferry Service during the summer months, whereby passengers can embark on one ferry and return on another. Short detours on scheduled sailings can be arranged when whales, dolphins or basking sharks are spotted in the open waters.
Experience the Fastnet Rock Lighthouse tour and see magnificent views around the Fastnet Rock Lighthouse. 'An Carraig Aonair' also known as the 'Teardrop of Ireland', was the last part of Irish soil seen by immigrant ships, as they sailed away from Irish shores and disappeared over the horizon bound for America.
All sailings and ferry crossings are weather permitting, as passenger comfort and safety is paramount to ensure a pleasant trip.
- Operates a ferry service from Baltimore and Schull to Cape Clear Island.
- See the tallest and widest rock lighthouse tower in Ireland on the Fastnet Rock Lighthouse Tour.
- Enjoy the spectacular West Cork coastal scenery and sea views.
- Look out for seals, whales, dolphins and basking sharks on your ferry crossing.
- Visit the picturesque harbour village of Schull.
There is no parking allowed on the pier but there is a free car park close by. The Baltimore Car Park is adjacent to the pier.