Enhanced by the woodland setting and surrounding mill stream, river & spectacular waterfall, Carraig Abhainn Gardens is an oasis of peace and serenity in the heart of West Cork.
"A surprise around every corner" and "A slice of paradise" are just some of the comments from Carraig Abhainn’s visitor book.
Carraig Abhainn is a 30 year labour of love for life time gardeners Eugene & Hazel Wiseman. A three acre garden in the heart of Durrus, yet an oasis of peace and serenity. Enhanced by the woodland setting and surrounding mill stream, river and spectacular waterfall, our many tender and rare plants thrive in this mild, sheltered climate, providing continuous interest from March through to October with its brilliant autumn colours.
Special features include:
• Five locally made bridges
• Spectacular gunnera plants
• Unique sculptures and statues throughout
• Self guiding walkways including a camelia walk with
over 60 camelias
• A charming portico with landscape painting by local
• Several benches allowing you to relax with only the
sounds of the river to distract
Explore other gardens in the 'West Cork Garden Trail'