Unspoilt coasts blend into rocky shores and ancient buildings in Ireland’s south east corner. Sip Irish beer in a local pub, sample seafood straight from the ocean and uncover the mysteries of ancient Irish ruins. This tour takes travellers to the heart of an Ireland less seen by visitors.
Places to explore:
· Blarney Castle - kiss the Blarney Stone amidst the walls of this medieval stronghold.
· Jameson Whiskey Distillery - taste one of Ireland's favourite exports.
· West Cork coves and beaches - stroll sandy beaches and dip into the coves that line the coast.
· Kinsale - dive into this port town, and discover a feast for the eyes and tastebuds.
· Cobh and the Titanic - delve into the mystery and history of this coastal town, the last port of call for Irish emigrants on the famous ship’s ill-fated voyage.
· Waterford - set forth for tales of conquest and pillage in what is said to be Ireland’s oldest city, founded by 9th century Vikings.
· Kilkenny Castle - survey the dominant and unmistakeable three walled castle whilst roaming its grounds.
· Wicklow Mountains - soar to some of Ireland’s most dramatic peaks then dive into its profound valleys.
· Glendalough - visit the “Valley of the Lakes”. Wander its wild trails or explore the monastery with its rounded tower.