Jagged rocks jut out of the wild Atlantic Ocean, winding roads weave by beaches, pubs, and prehistoric remains, and a dolphin might be the most well known resident of a little village. This is the south western edge of Ireland, where every horizon can hide something curiously beautiful.
On the way to and from this region, experience two of Ireland’s most spiritual locations. Travellers visit the monastic site of Glendalough concealed within a valley and survey the views from the Rock of Cashel, a ruined cathedral fortress steeped in stories of Saint Patrick.
Places to explore:
• Dingle Peninsula - beaches merge with traditional Irish scenery in this land of Gaelic myths and magic.
• Torc Waterfall - learn about the ancient curse that formed this waterfall and admire its tumbling cascade.
• Killarney – this colourful lakeside town contains a variety of views and restaurants.
• Rock of Cashel - this religious site defies any simple definition. It’s a castle, a Neolithic site, a chapel, and offers panoramic views.
• Glendalough - discover an ancient abbey secluded within a valley.
Join this journey from €245 and discover the landscapes and legends of South West Ireland.