Ladies View is one of Killarney's and indeed Ireland's best known scenic viewing points.
It is located about halfway between Killarney and Kenmare on the N71 road about 10 miles (16km) from Killarney Town. It is named after Queen Victoria's Ladies in Waiting who were part of her entourage during her visit to Killarney in 1861.
There is car parking at the site with views of the meandering waters of The Long Range that make their way into the main Middle and Lower Lakes. There is a most memorable panorama of the Upper Lake from another car park just up the road. A craft shop and café provide refreshments for visitors.