Explore the majestic Lost Valley, one of the most unique valleys in Europe. Wander around the natural woodlands, spot the scenic lakes and waterfalls, and stroll down the golden sandy beaches. Admire unique views of Killary Fjord and magnificent Mweelrea mountain in the distance.
Visit the deserted famine village and get an insight into the cultural heritage of the west of Ireland. Go on a guided tour and meet the Bourke family, who have farmed livestock in the valley for over three centuries. Take a look at daily life in the Lost Valley, an active working farm. Feed the pet lambs, watch a working sheepdog demonstration or plan your trip around sheep shearing season.
Appreciate the striking beauty of the Lost Valley and learn about its complex history. As this is a working farm, pre-booking is essential for all visitors.
- Experience one of the most unique valleys in Europe.
- Pre-booking is essential as the Lost Valley is a working farm.
- See the memorial to the Great Famine.
- Learn about life on a working farm.
- Soak up the amazing views of Killary Fjord and Mweelrea mountain.
The local guides at the Lost Valley are prepared for all weather and if it's raining, rain jackets are provided for guests of the tour.